Last modified on Wednesday 16 December 2020
Deputy Editorial Director
It's time to get quizzical! Have fun and learn some cool new facts with these fun trivia questions for kids.
This page contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our articles and reviews are written independently by the Netmums editorial team.
Whether you want to host a family quiz or give kids something fun to do on their own, these trivia teasers will put their knowledge to the test.
Some of the questions are easy, some a bit tougher, but they're all designed with kids in mind. It's time to find out just how much do they know about sport, animals, kids' books, science, history, children's movies and more …
Fancy knowing more? We've found this great book that's packed with fun facts: National Geographic Kids Quiz Whiz. See more details here at Amazon.
Amazing animal questions for kids
1. How many legs does a spider have?
2. When does a nocturnal animal sleep?
Answer: during the day
3. What is the tallest animal on earth?
Answer: a giraffe
4. What is the biggest animal in the whole world, land and sea?
Answer: the Blue Whale
5. What is the biggest land animal in the word?
Answer: the African Elephant
6. What do you call a baby goat?
Answer: a kid
7. What is a group of lions called?
Answer: a pride
8. What is a female deer called?
Answer: a doe
9. What is a baby elephant called?
Answer: a calf
10. Which animal can run faster, a cheetah or a horse?
Answer: a cheetah
11. What kind of animal is a feline?
Brilliant book trivia questions for kids
- 25 magical fairy trails in the UK
- 23 of the UK's best parks and woods to find conkers this autumn
- 15 easy junk modelling ideas for kids
1. Who wrote the books Gangsta Granny, Mr Stink and The Midnight Gang?
Answer: David Walliams
2. What happens to Pinocchio's nose if he tells a lie?
Answer: It grows!
3. What is the name of Harry Potter's pet owl?
4. Who is Greg's best friend in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books?
5. Who runs the chocolate factory in Roald Dahl's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
Answer: Willy Wonka
6. Can you complete the title of this book by Dr. Seuss: 'The Cat in the...'?
7. Which series of books has characters called Mildred Hubble and Ethel Hallow?
Answer: The Worst Witch books
8. What is the name of the lion in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?
9. What is the name of the fairy in Peter Pan?
10. Peter Rabbit's sisters are called Flopsy, Mopsy and what?
11. In the Dr Seuss book, who stole Christmas?
Answer: The Grinch
12. Who wrote The Famous Five books, The Magic Faraway Tree and the boarding school books Mallory Towers?
Answer: Enid Blyton
Globetrotting geography trivia for kids
1. Which country are the pyramids in?
2. What city would you be in if you visited the Eiffel Tower?
3. How many continents are there in the world?
Answer: seven (Africa, Antartica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America)
4. What language do they speak in Australia?
5. What is the capital city of Wales?
6. The Union Jack is the flag for the United Kingdom. How many colours does it have? Bonus point if you can name them!
Answer: three (red, white, blue)
7. Which city has the nickname The Big Apple?
Answer: New York
8. Which country does pizza originally come from?
9. What continent does the river Nile run through?
10. What is the largest country in the world by area?
11. Which country has the biggest population in the world?
12. What is the capital of the United States of America?
Answer: Washington D.C.
Magic movie trivia for kids
1. Which Disney film has characters called Scar and Mufasa?
Answer: The Lion King
2. What is the snowman called in Frozen?
3. How many children does Mary Poppins look after?
4. What colour are the evil minions in Despicable Me 2 – green, orange, purple, red or blue?
5. What is the name of the cowgirl from Toy Story – Daisy, Jessie or Bessie?
6. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Answer: SpongeBob SquarePants
7. What does Bruce Bogtrotter have to eat in the film Matilda?
Answer: A whole chocolate cake!
8. What type of fish is Nemo?
Answer: a clownfish
9. Which of these is NOT one of Snow White's seven dwarves – Doc, Bashful, Smiley, Sleepy?
10. In the film Charlie and the chocolate Factory, what fruit does Violet Beauregarde turn into?
Answer: a blueberry!
11. Which Disney film does the song 'How Far I'll Go' come from?
Marvellous maths trivia questions for kids
1. How many days are there in a year?
Answer: 365 (apart from a leap year, when there are 366)
2. What is 5 x 12?
3. How many sides does a triangle have?
4. How many years are there in a decade?
5. What number do opposite sides of a dice always add up to?
6. How many sides does a hexagon have?
7. What is the answer to this sum: 25 + 23 - 27?
8. If you had a cake and gave a quarter of it to your best friend, how much cake would you have left as a percentage?
9. How many grams are there in a kilogram?
Super science trivia questions for kids
1. Which four planets in our Solar System have rings?
Answer: Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune
2. How many colours are there in a rainbow? Bonus point if you can name them!
Answer: seven (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet)
3. Which season do trees shed their leaves?
4. Which travels faster, light or a space shuttle?
Answer: Light – it travels at more than 670 million miles per hour
5. What colour are emeralds?
6. What is the hot, molten rock that flows from a volcano called?
7. Which of the following is a vegetarian: a carnivore, omnivore or herbivore?
Answer: a herbivore
8. What is the invisible line that runs around the earth's middle called
Answer: the equator
9. What are clouds made of smoke, water or cotton wool?
10. What do bees collect from plants to make honey?
11. How many planets does our solar system have?
Answer: eight (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.)
12. What is the coloured part of your eye called?
Answer: the iris
Smashing sports trivia questions for kids
1. How many players are there on a football team (not including substitutes)?
2. What is the centre of an archery target or dartboard called – the inner circle, bullseye or centre spot?
3. What sport is played at Wimbledon?
4. How may players are on a netball team (not including substitutes)?
5. What is the sport ping pong also known as?
Answer: table tennis
6. How many holes are there usually on a golf course?
7. Which swimming stroke has the same name as a flying insect?
8. If you score a hat-trick, how many goals would you have scored?
9. What do you hit in a game of badminton?
10. How many metres long is an Olympic swimming pool?
Answer: 50 metres
11. What sport does Tom Daley compete in?
12. Which football team plays at Old Trafford?
Answer: Manchester United
13. How many rings are there in the Olympic Games symbol?
History trivia questions for kids
1. Which ancient country had rulers called Pharaohs?
2. What was the name of the famous battle that took place in England in 1066?
Answer: The Battle of Hastings
3. How many wives did Henry VII have – four, six or eight?
4. What was the name of the letters Anglo Saxons used to write – runes or hieroglyphics?
5. Who built the first roads in Britain?
6. Which famous Victorian nurse had the nickname The Lady With the Lamp?
Answer: Florence Nightingale
7. What type of feather, beginning with the letter Q, did people write with during the Middle Ages?
8. How did Anglo Saxons fasten their clothes – with zips, buttons or brooches?
9. What type of ships did Vikings use as their warships?
10. Lots of Victorian children had to work. Which sooty places did some of them have to clean?
11. Which famous ocean liner sank on its first ever voyage in 1912?
Really random trivia questions for kids
1. In art, what colour do you get if you mix red and blue?
2. What is the name of the current (tenth) Blue Peter dog?
3. Which two colours do you mix together to make green?
Answer: Yellow and blue
4. What is Batman's crime fighting sidekick called?
5. Where does the Prime Minister live?
Answer: 10 Downing Street, London
6. What is the name of Mickey Mouse's girlfriend?
Answer: Minnie Mouse
7. Which forest did Robin Hood and his Merry Men live in?
Answer: Sherwood forest
8. What is the missing letter in the name of this TV show – The _ Factor?
9. What money do they use in the United States of America?
Got any great kids' trivia to share? Chat everything child-related in the forum below.
Did you know? 66 fun facts for kids
CHAT: Children (4–11)
100 hilarious jokes for kids
- Promotional4 easy swap and saves for new parents
- PromotionalI never knew I could get 30 hours childcare
- Promotional5 signs of emotional intelligence in preschoolers